Just finished reading the quick ebook “The Accountability Effect“. Basic learnings…
- The difference between rest and laziness in action is very small, but the underlying motivation for each are a grand canyon style chasm apart. If you don’t rest you won’t succeed, but if the rest turns to laziness you wont succeed either.
- Awesome Steve Jobs quote:
- When you grow up, you tend to get told that the world is the way it is, and your life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life. Have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader, once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around that you call life was made up by people who were no smarter than you. And you can change it. You can influence it. You can build your own things that other people can use. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.
- Who you want to be is right in front of you.
- I don’t know if this was in the book, but it was something that crossed my mind as I read – We prefer comfort and consistency over correctness and progress. And we wildly overestimate how “consistent” progress is capable of being. The sputter is part of the growth that every business, idea or movement has to go through.